Thursday, July 7, 2011

Rackham Zombie strikes again and it's John's Birthday!

A couple months back I started painting a zombie and sharing some techniques with my friend Jake. Here's a link to that post.

We finally had the chance to sit down again and work on our Zombies recently. This time we worked on the clothing and I wanted to share the progress on my zombie thus far.


I've really been concentrating on having the right weight in all the right spots and really pushing the contrast. When I was putting the above pictures into photoshop it was acting strangely and I made some black and white photos by accident. This is really cool to look at a model you're working on like this and it really helps to show if something is over or under saturated with the right tone...in a weird way.


I don't know, I just though it was interesting and would encourage anyone else to examine their models in this way as it provides a different perspective.

Samson minis would like to extend a warm birthday wish to Brother John. When this is posted he will be patrolling a prison for the mentally ill...Have a great birthday!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment